Monday, October 1, 2012

COOL SPOTS : SPOTTED ON THE BTS

Now back to Our Adventures in Thailand feature. 
I can't believe that I almost forgot to share this heart-stopping fashion moment with you!!!

So I'm on the BTS (sky train) minding my own business (well not really... there was an American couple chatting it up next to me and I was all up in their convo). Anyways... as I sat quietly eavesdropping, the train stopped, doors opened, and I literally gasped as a lady stepped onto the train with a reflective work of art casually dangling from her arm. I quickly looked around to see if anyone noticed my reaction and when the coast was clear, I went back to my gawking. Suddenly, all I could hear were my frantic thoughts... "What the...?" "Where is it from?" "Who makes it?" "Who is this lady?" I was getting dizzy with all the thoughts and questions that flew across my mind. 

When I regained my composure, I leaned over to Terrance and whispered... "That is the COOLEST freaking bag ever!" All it took were a few clever search words to find out that the fashion wonder was the ISSEY MIYAKE BAO BAO Bag. Hello! From what I could gather, it had been in the market for about 1 year and half (maybe a little more), however the BAO BAO concept has been around since 2000.

The design is so refreshing, crisp, clean and avant-garde. It is a certified "shut-it-down" statement piece. It moves fluidly and reflects light beautifully. The movement is partly because of the arrangement of triangles which create a prism or origami effect. Depending on what you put inside, what its sitting on, or if its just hanging, the shape of the bag changes... and you can literally transform the bag (see video to see what I mean). Its genius!



The Issey Miyake Bao Bao Bag gets major COOL points.
More info about the bag here.
Let's just say I know what I want for my birthday! (hint hint Terrance)


See more COOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment