YAY!!!! Food Network's SOBEWFF is coming!
You know we here at COOL love good food... who doesn't?!
What makes the Festival so cool are the unique event locations throughout Miami Beach. One of our absolute favorites are the Grand Tasting Tents located directly on the beach so you're literally walking on sand and enjoying the gorgeous view while sipping delicious wines and savoring the best flavors of South Florida.
So here are some official Festival deets for you fellow Miami foodies:
Starting Monday, October 8, 2012, the Festival is happy to offer MasterCard® cardholders exclusive pre-sale access to its events. MasterCard® cardholders can get tickets for the 2013 Festival beginning Monday, October 8 at 9:00 AM (EST) through Sunday, October 21 online at www.sobefest.com or by calling 877.762.3933 (phone sales open Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST).
General public ticket sales open on Monday, October 22, 2012. Stay up-to-date with the excitement by following the Festival at www.Facebook.com/SOBEWFF or follow founder and director Lee Brian Schrager at www.twitter.com/Lee_Schrager.
The 2013 Festival will feature a plethora of new events and an unprecedented roster of wine, spirits and culinary talent. New dishes on the 2013 menu include:
- Jiro Dreams of Sushi: Film Screening and Q&A hosted by Anthony Bourdain, followed by a Sushi & Sake Reception with Katsuya Uechi
- Garden to Glass hosted by Emeril Lagasse featuring BarLab Cocktails & My Ceviche
- Celebrity Chef Golf Tournament hosted by José Andrés at Turnberry Isle Miami
- Discover Ceviche & Pisco Sour hosted by Gastón Acurio & Laurent Tourondel
- Chicken Coupe hosted by Andrew Carmellini
- Taste & Toast with Target, and so much more!
Passionate foodies looking for a one-of-a-kind dining experience can choose from a variety of options with renowned culinary talent. The weekend begins with Best of the Bay hosted by Michael Mina with Tyler Florence, Nancy Oakes, Richard Reddington & Thomas McNaughton sponsored by Far Niente Wine as well as NIGELLISIMA Dinner hosted by Nigella Lawson with Andrew Carmellini and the Carnivorous Dinner hosted by Michael Symon, Tribute Dinner honoring Nobu Matsuhisa and Moët Hennessy’s Christophe Navarre with Mistress of Ceremonies Martha Stewart, and Southern Kitchen Brunch hosted by Trisha Yearwood are additional examples of the unique culinary possibilities found in the 2013 Festival program.
The Festival brings back its classics too, including:
- Moët Hennessy's The Q hosted by Paula Deen and Sons presented by Omaha Steaks sponsored by MIAMI magazine
- Amstel Light Burger Bash hosted by Rachael Ray presented by Pat La Frieda Meats & Diet Pepsi
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach presents Wine Spectator's Best of the Best sponsored by Bank of America
- Florida Blue presents Fun and Fit as a Family featuring Kellogg’s Kidz Kitchen
- Dolce Brunch hosted by Daniel Boulud
- Barilla Interactive Lunch hosted by Debi Mazar & Gabriele Corcos
- Thrillist’s BBQ & The Blues hosted by Geoffrey Zakarian
- Swine & Wine hosted by Michelle Bernstein presented by Pat La Frieda Meats, and more!
Signature white tents stretching between 10th Street and 13th Street off Ocean Drive will once again be home to the epitome of all tasting events – the Whole Foods Market Grand Tasting Village featuring star-studded KitchenAid Culinary Demonstrations and the MasterCard® Grand Tasting Tents, which will showcase offerings from 40 different restaurants and more than 80 wine, spirits and non-alcoholic beverage suppliers from the Southern Wine & Spirits of Florida portfolio.
See more COOL here.