We found one of the best local guides to Art Basel at The305.com. See some highlights and good info below.
1) Keep checking this list for the latest last minute events.
2) For the actual Art Basel Fair and all the other satellite fairs, you’ll see the complete list towards the end of the guide on The305.com.
3) There are various shuttles going up and down the more higher traffic areas, more specifically and more reliable would be the DWNTWN Miami Art Basel Shuttle that will run from Tuesday Dec 4th thru Sunday Dec 9th. More info, just click here for the map and hours.
4) Our personal opinion, a few of the top things to check out: Art Of Basketball event, Mr. Brainwash’s “NEW” exhibit at his usual spot at the Boulan and at Art Public, Banksy Out Of Context at Art Miami, the Santlov event, Space Invader at Pulse Miami and anything that Primary Projects is doing. More info on all of those at The305.com.
5) The305.com might be sponsoring a daytime block party in Wynwood so stay tuned for those details.
6) LE BARON seems to be the talk of the town when it comes to their series of events. They will hold six super private events at six different locations from Dec 4th thru the 9th. They will release details everyday at 6PM via their Twitter, Facebook and iPhone App, but entrance is not guaranteed. You gotta be on top of it and in the know to guarantee your placement into these events. So download their app “Where is Le Baron?”and check their website, twitter and facebook.
7) For simple and safe good times, definitely hit up all the Midtown Tents: Art Miami, Red Dot, Scope. And try driving a few blocks south to Pulse at Ice Palace Studios as well for a great experience as well.
8) The Standard has some pretty cool events and pop-ups. Stay tuned to their social media for details. Everything they are doing with Terry Richardson should be real dope. A book signing will be held on Friday Dec 7th and a private party afterwards. Also check their Lazy BBQ Sunday Party.
9) The free art cart. Pretty awesome concept birthed from artist Dickson Schneider Kickstarter page. Read up on it. Free art for all!
10) For food, you’re almost on your own if you want to hit up any of the better Miami and Miami Beach restaurants as they are ALL going to be packed. But if you’d like check Eater38′s list of the latest restaurants to try. And then there will be a Food Truck meet-up from Thursday thru Sunday everyday from 11AM – 1AM at 210 NW 22nd in Miami, FL 33127.
11) Individual artists we suggest you check out and support: Miguel Paredes, Kawaii Universe, Jen Starks, Kiki Valdes, and AholSniffsGlue to name a few.
12) And when in doubt, always pass by Wynwood Walls. They are the centerpiece of Wynwood and you’ll always meet interesting people there. And peep the new wall by Shepard Fairey and tributes to Tony Goldman, who passed away earlier this year.
See more COOL here.